Vertimax Circuit: 5 consecutive jumps unloaded, 5 consecutive jumps loaded, 8 sec sprint/high knee, 30 sec top taps, 10 squats, 5 separate jumps, 5 separate jumps unloaded x 3 sets in between sets: 1st kettle bell dead-lifts and swings, 2nd hip extensions, 3rd tuck jumps
Core Circuit 60 sec each: Side Rope Swings, Bar twists, wind wield wipers, Olympic bar twists, jackknives on SB, decline sit-up med ball toss
1/31 Squat: 5x45, 5x65, 3x95, 2x120, 3x5x150 Shoulder press (db): 5x15, 3x22.5, (5,5,4) x 27.5, couldn't finish last set of 5 Deadlift: 5x65, 3x95, 2x135, 5x165 Bench press: 5x45, 2x60, 3x5x70 2x2 neutral grip chin-ups Hip strength and ankle stability
2/1 Ran 3 miles at 7:30 pace 10 push-ups (generally doing these every day at home or at the gym, unless I'm doing bench press that day)
2/3 First physical therapy appointment for my glute. 10min bike warm-up, active warm-up, and exercises that I'm also doing twice a day on each leg at home: 10x10s piriformis stretch 10x10s knee to chest stretch, unilateral 10x10s knee to chest stretch, bilateral, only if I feel a stretch in my lower back 10x10s hamstring stretch 3x10 glute bridges 3x10 advanced straight leg raise (like bicycles but the top leg only goes to 90 degrees, and the torso doesn't move)
BAD with Zuba, Mary, Kendra, and Andy
2/4 PT in the morning and evening (I'm not going to write this every day) 20min elliptical Bench press: 3x45, 2x60, 2x5x70, 5x75 (finally made it past my plateau for a full set!) 3x2 neutral grip chin-ups 3x10 lat pulldown @62.5 Didn't lift legs because they're too tired from the PT and BAD training the previous day
Starting today I'm going to be doing a new workout plan with less strength focus and more on cardio, speed, and plyos to transition into pre-season:
Day 1: Mile repeats, hip strength and ankle stability Day 2: Lifting (upper and lower) Day 3: Plyos and cardio (long run or stairs), weighted ab work Day 4: Lifting (upper and lower), 10x30s sprints, ab and lower back work
Plus BAD once a week, IOP once a week starting soon, PT twice a day on my own, and 2 PT appointments a week for a while.
2/6 3 miles with 2min brisk walk in between: 7:13, 6:58, 6:58.
2/7 10min bike warm-up, static stretching Squat: 20x95, 15x115, 12x125, 10x135, 8x135, hard to keep good form by the end bb bent-over row: 8x45 overhand, 10x45 underhand, 8x65, 8x65 db incline press: 8x25, 8x25, 8x25, 6x25 dips with 25lb assistance: 8, 8, 8
2/8 PT: 10min bike warm-up, active warm-up, leg press, hamstring curls, ankle stability, box step-ups, hip strengthening, lots of stretching and massage
2/9 Plyos: 3x10 box jumps, 3x10 med ball slams, 3x10 wall balls, 3x10 lateral skaters, 3x10 jump lunges Core: 2x10 ab crunch @50lb, 2x10 decline situps @10lb, 2x12 oblique extensions ea @25lb, 2x10 rope cable rotational rows ea @50lb 3mi run @8min/mi
PT, same as last time
2/10 BAD with Zuba, Allison, Mary, Kendra, and Andy Unfortunately Zuba I really can't remember what we did exactly, you'll have to fill everyone in : )
2/12 10min warm-up, static stretching Deadlift: 10@135, 8@140, 5@145, 5@150, 5@150 High pull: 3x8@45, 2x8@50 Push press: 2x8@45, 2x8@50 Walking db lunge: 2x10ea @20, 2x10ea @22.5 10 sets of sprint 200m, walk 200m
2/13 3 miles with 2min brisk walk in between: 6:58, 6:58, 6:58. Core: 90s planks ea, 40 leg lifts, 30 bicycles, 20 V-sit ab rotations @10lb, 2x10 back extensions @25, 2x10 supermen
Then IOP! Awesome. And skipping the gym this morning. My roommate made me feel better about it when she pointed out that it would be my third workout in under 24 hours.
2/7: Climbing, then throwing and Boot 2/8: Indoor League 2/10: BAD w/ Liz, Mary, Allison, Andy, and Kendra We did agility circuit w/ shuffles, one legged side jumps, ladders, back pedaling, and sprints. Core: V-sit w/ med ball toss variations, planks w/ med ball push in a line. Core Circuit: Olympic bar twists, side twists, frogs on bench, decline sit-up w/ med ball press, side bungee band holds, wind shield wipers.
My life is too hectic to post my workouts everyday. So here they are in one lump sum:
Mondays and Wednesdays are Yoga days. Since January I've been increasing isometric strength through static holds. I've learned some cool shit including squats, one-legged balances, and forearm balance poses that would make you scream uncle. I'd be more than happy to teach anyone. It's also kinda my job to, ya know, teach.
On the Mondays and Wednesdays I can't make it to Yoga, then it's to the gym. There, I either duplicate the BAD workouts (i.e. lifting and core), follow Air Alert, or create my own adventure. Oh yeah, and I do cardio. Can't forget about the cardio.
Each Thursday I attend BAD with the ladies above. As you can tell, they are kick ass sessions.
Tuesday and Friday nights (and possibly Sunday nights soon, if I can make it) I play indoor (North Branford and South Norwalk, respectively). Working on the weak elements of my game, despite the temptations to make silly cuts and throw wacky hammers. I sneak to the gym before Tuesday night games and get a mile run in before leaving.
Weekends are my days off from structured workouts. I've been known to do Rafe's core performance, ice-skating, or climbing.
Made my indoor soccer debut (team organized by Nick/Maren/Sue) after being out of commission since Lei Out where some moron landed on my ankle with a gratuitous bid. Tweaked my ankle after 5 mins so moved to goalie where I tweaked the ankle again. However, game was on a b-ball court and I was able to grab and hang from the rim so my lifting/plyos are working
2/14: Climbing, then throwing 30 min. HIT BY ALEX'S DEATH FLU 2/17: BAD w/ Liz, Mary, Kendra Speed: Wall Excels, Partner Leans w/ Sprints, Mnt. Climbers w/ Sprint Lifting Combinations: Ankle Board Taps w/ Razor Hamstring Curls (Apparently Razors are best to prevent ACL tear) Hip-Flexor Single Legged Band Lifts/Holds w/ Single Legged Hip Thrusts on SB. Banded Side Steppers w/ Hip Adductors Core Circuit: Bungee Band Holds, Lunge & Twist w/ Med Ball Toss, Declined Sit-Ups w/ Med Ball Toss, Sledgehammer to Tire Lactic Acid Threshold: (I opted out of this due to still not feeling 100%) V-sits w/ Med Ball Toss, Sled Push, Tuck Jumps, Squat Jumps, 40 yd sprint and back pulling chains x 2 sets.
2/3: BAD class w/ Liz M, Mary, Andy, Kendra
ReplyDeleteWarm-Up, Hip-Flexor circuit: kettle bell swings, side-steps w/ bands, scissor kicks
Vertimax Circuit: 5 consecutive jumps unloaded, 5 consecutive jumps loaded, 8 sec sprint/high knee, 30 sec top taps, 10 squats, 5 separate jumps, 5 separate jumps unloaded x 3 sets
in between sets: 1st kettle bell dead-lifts and swings, 2nd hip extensions, 3rd tuck jumps
Core Circuit 60 sec each: Side Rope Swings, Bar twists, wind wield wipers, Olympic bar twists, jackknives on SB, decline sit-up med ball toss
1/31
ReplyDeleteSquat: 5x45, 5x65, 3x95, 2x120, 3x5x150
Shoulder press (db): 5x15, 3x22.5, (5,5,4) x 27.5, couldn't finish last set of 5
Deadlift: 5x65, 3x95, 2x135, 5x165
Bench press: 5x45, 2x60, 3x5x70
2x2 neutral grip chin-ups
Hip strength and ankle stability
2/1
Ran 3 miles at 7:30 pace
10 push-ups (generally doing these every day at home or at the gym, unless I'm doing bench press that day)
2/3
First physical therapy appointment for my glute. 10min bike warm-up, active warm-up, and exercises that I'm also doing twice a day on each leg at home:
10x10s piriformis stretch
10x10s knee to chest stretch, unilateral
10x10s knee to chest stretch, bilateral, only if I feel a stretch in my lower back
10x10s hamstring stretch
3x10 glute bridges
3x10 advanced straight leg raise (like bicycles but the top leg only goes to 90 degrees, and the torso doesn't move)
BAD with Zuba, Mary, Kendra, and Andy
2/4
PT in the morning and evening (I'm not going to write this every day)
20min elliptical
Bench press: 3x45, 2x60, 2x5x70, 5x75 (finally made it past my plateau for a full set!)
3x2 neutral grip chin-ups
3x10 lat pulldown @62.5
Didn't lift legs because they're too tired from the PT and BAD training the previous day
Starting today I'm going to be doing a new workout plan with less strength focus and more on cardio, speed, and plyos to transition into pre-season:
Day 1: Mile repeats, hip strength and ankle stability
Day 2: Lifting (upper and lower)
Day 3: Plyos and cardio (long run or stairs), weighted ab work
Day 4: Lifting (upper and lower), 10x30s sprints, ab and lower back work
Plus BAD once a week, IOP once a week starting soon, PT twice a day on my own, and 2 PT appointments a week for a while.
2/4 & 2/5: Climbing
ReplyDelete2/6: 4 mile run, 2 on road, 2 on beach, last 1/3 of mile sprinted. Between 28-29 min.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete2/6
ReplyDelete3 miles with 2min brisk walk in between: 7:13, 6:58, 6:58.
2/7
10min bike warm-up, static stretching
Squat: 20x95, 15x115, 12x125, 10x135, 8x135, hard to keep good form by the end
bb bent-over row: 8x45 overhand, 10x45 underhand, 8x65, 8x65
db incline press: 8x25, 8x25, 8x25, 6x25
dips with 25lb assistance: 8, 8, 8
2/8
PT: 10min bike warm-up, active warm-up, leg press, hamstring curls, ankle stability, box step-ups, hip strengthening, lots of stretching and massage
2/9
Plyos: 3x10 box jumps, 3x10 med ball slams, 3x10 wall balls, 3x10 lateral skaters, 3x10 jump lunges
Core: 2x10 ab crunch @50lb, 2x10 decline situps @10lb, 2x12 oblique extensions ea @25lb, 2x10 rope cable rotational rows ea @50lb
3mi run @8min/mi
PT, same as last time
2/10
BAD with Zuba, Allison, Mary, Kendra, and Andy
Unfortunately Zuba I really can't remember what we did exactly, you'll have to fill everyone in : )
2/12
10min warm-up, static stretching
Deadlift: 10@135, 8@140, 5@145, 5@150, 5@150
High pull: 3x8@45, 2x8@50
Push press: 2x8@45, 2x8@50
Walking db lunge: 2x10ea @20, 2x10ea @22.5
10 sets of sprint 200m, walk 200m
2/13
3 miles with 2min brisk walk in between: 6:58, 6:58, 6:58.
Core: 90s planks ea, 40 leg lifts, 30 bicycles, 20 V-sit ab rotations @10lb, 2x10 back extensions @25, 2x10 supermen
Then IOP! Awesome. And skipping the gym this morning. My roommate made me feel better about it when she pointed out that it would be my third workout in under 24 hours.
2/7: Climbing, then throwing and Boot
ReplyDelete2/8: Indoor League
2/10: BAD w/ Liz, Mary, Allison, Andy, and Kendra
We did agility circuit w/ shuffles, one legged side jumps, ladders, back pedaling, and sprints.
Core: V-sit w/ med ball toss variations, planks w/ med ball push in a line. Core Circuit: Olympic bar twists, side twists, frogs on bench, decline sit-up w/ med ball press, side bungee band holds, wind shield wipers.
2/11: Climbing
2/13: IOP
My life is too hectic to post my workouts everyday. So here they are in one lump sum:
ReplyDeleteMondays and Wednesdays are Yoga days. Since January I've been increasing isometric strength through static holds. I've learned some cool shit including squats, one-legged balances, and forearm balance poses that would make you scream uncle. I'd be more than happy to teach anyone. It's also kinda my job to, ya know, teach.
On the Mondays and Wednesdays I can't make it to Yoga, then it's to the gym. There, I either duplicate the BAD workouts (i.e. lifting and core), follow Air Alert, or create my own adventure. Oh yeah, and I do cardio. Can't forget about the cardio.
Each Thursday I attend BAD with the ladies above. As you can tell, they are kick ass sessions.
Tuesday and Friday nights (and possibly Sunday nights soon, if I can make it) I play indoor (North Branford and South Norwalk, respectively). Working on the weak elements of my game, despite the temptations to make silly cuts and throw wacky hammers. I sneak to the gym before Tuesday night games and get a mile run in before leaving.
Weekends are my days off from structured workouts. I've been known to do Rafe's core performance, ice-skating, or climbing.
Pilates are being rotated with Yoga in March.
-Mary G.
Made my indoor soccer debut (team organized by Nick/Maren/Sue) after being out of commission since Lei Out where some moron landed on my ankle with a gratuitous bid. Tweaked my ankle after 5 mins so moved to goalie where I tweaked the ankle again. However, game was on a b-ball court and I was able to grab and hang from the rim so my lifting/plyos are working
ReplyDelete2/14: Climbing, then throwing 30 min.
ReplyDeleteHIT BY ALEX'S DEATH FLU
2/17: BAD w/ Liz, Mary, Kendra
Speed: Wall Excels, Partner Leans w/ Sprints, Mnt. Climbers w/ Sprint
Lifting Combinations: Ankle Board Taps w/ Razor Hamstring Curls (Apparently Razors are best to prevent ACL tear) Hip-Flexor Single Legged Band Lifts/Holds w/ Single Legged Hip Thrusts on SB. Banded Side Steppers w/ Hip Adductors
Core Circuit: Bungee Band Holds, Lunge & Twist w/ Med Ball Toss, Declined Sit-Ups w/ Med Ball Toss, Sledgehammer to Tire
Lactic Acid Threshold: (I opted out of this due to still not feeling 100%) V-sits w/ Med Ball Toss, Sled Push, Tuck Jumps, Squat Jumps, 40 yd sprint and back pulling chains x 2 sets.
2/18: Climbing
ReplyDelete2/20: IOP
2/21: Climbing
2/22: Climbing, NB league, 5 Sprints to half field and back w/ Mazur and Kendra.
2/24: BAD w/ Liz, Kendra, Andy, and Allison
ReplyDeleteSpeed: Wall Excels, Partner Leans, Tuck-Ups and Sprints
Footwork: A series of "fast feet" exercises on step-up boxes followed by 10+ ladder moves. We also did fast feet with slow arms, then sprint x 3.
Strength: Focused on all rotator cuff muscles, using bands.
Core Circuit: Elevated planks, declined sit-ups w/ med ball toss, sledgehammers, bungee cord holds, Olympic bar twists x 2.
2/27: IOP w/ Sprints at end
ReplyDelete2/28: Climbing, Throwing, Agility Box Circuits (Side shuffle, sprint, shuffle, back pedal)