As a true story / metaphor for how miserable and sick I felt during and after this track workout, I happened upon a humming bird on the walk back to the car.
He was lying on his side, not moving, but breathing. I collapsed next to him and we both lay there wishing for it to end. After a time, though, I lifted him so we could both sit upright. As we sat staring into one another's eyes we began to feel better: my splitting headache faded and my little companion shuffled in place. I pet him for a short while and eventually we decided that our time to rest had ended. Rejuvenated, I gave Mr. Hummingbird a small lift and he took flight. Then I too went home to my loving wife.
200s: 28/30 and 28/31 downwind/upwind 100s: 14's and 15's upwind, with a 110m at 17s in there by mistake. Lindsay and I are both sick so I cheated a little and took longer breaks...
5/10: corePerformance Upper 5/11: CorePerformance Lower 5/12: PoNY workout with Juddy/Brenton (below for interested parties) 5/13: 300 minute stationary bike, mini-core workout, D5 leg-workout, good stretch and roll-out 5/14: off day, but i did a lot of dancing ;) 5/15: CorePerformance Upper plus a little core with mary
PoNY workout:
8x100 - jog, run, sprint, walk (each 25m)
2 minute tabata - (back and forth on a 30m stretch; 20 second sprint, 10 second rest - for 2 minutes)
90 second rest
Repeat
90 second rest
Repeat
4 minute rest
3-man marking drill for 90 seconds
60 seconds rest
Repeat
60 seconds rest
Repeat
2 minutes rest
3 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) - 5 push-ups, 15 air squats, 20 mountain climbers
2 minute rest
3-man huck/dump drill (see last week's WOW); when players have made each throw twice, that's one rep. 6 reps with 60 seconds rest between.
Cones at 7, 15, 20 - in ladder format, cut to each cone and turn to receive the disc. Fake. Throw the disc back, run back to the line. One rep is climbing up the ladder twice. 2 reps, with 90 seconds between.
tues 05/10 PM
ReplyDelete33's for all the 200's
15/16 for all the 100's
Ran with Zuba and Andy this morning
ReplyDelete32, 34
33, 34
15, 15, 16, 16, 16
16, 15, 15, 15, 15
Yea track at ass oclock.
ReplyDelete29,31
30,31
14,14,14,15,15
15,15,14,14,14
So Mad i didn't get 13 on the last one.
5/12: AM track with the boys.
ReplyDeleteAll 34/35 for 200s
All 17/18 for 100s. Hit 16 twice.
have gotten out of the workout-posting habit lately...most recently:
ReplyDelete5/7-5/8: tryouts
5/9: slow run followed by lots of foam rolling
5/12: this week's track workout:
200's: 34, 38, 37, 39
100's: all 16 or 17
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAs a true story / metaphor for how miserable and sick I felt during and after this track workout, I happened upon a humming bird on the walk back to the car.
ReplyDeleteHe was lying on his side, not moving, but breathing. I collapsed next to him and we both lay there wishing for it to end. After a time, though, I lifted him so we could both sit upright. As we sat staring into one another's eyes we began to feel better: my splitting headache faded and my little companion shuffled in place. I pet him for a short while and eventually we decided that our time to rest had ended. Rejuvenated, I gave Mr. Hummingbird a small lift and he took flight. Then I too went home to my loving wife.
200s: 28/30 and 28/31 downwind/upwind
100s: 14's and 15's upwind, with a 110m at 17s in there by mistake. Lindsay and I are both sick so I cheated a little and took longer breaks...
10/12--- did the 200's before my knee started to hurt...called it a day at that
ReplyDelete10/13--just my luck xfit is doing 100's with the workout!
3X1 (work up to 1 rep max) strict push press
45lb.
55 lb.
65 lb.
3x8 each arm tricep extensions
6 rounds (3 minutes rest between 1,3,5 2 min. between 2,4)
3 push press (55lb.)
100 m sprint
20 double unders
1:10 (realized I suck a double-unders and had to modify with a 200)
1:12
1:12
1:10
1:11
1:10
5/10: corePerformance Upper
ReplyDelete5/11: CorePerformance Lower
5/12: PoNY workout with Juddy/Brenton (below for interested parties)
5/13: 300 minute stationary bike, mini-core workout, D5 leg-workout, good stretch and roll-out
5/14: off day, but i did a lot of dancing ;)
5/15: CorePerformance Upper plus a little core with mary
PoNY workout:
8x100 - jog, run, sprint, walk (each 25m)
2 minute tabata - (back and forth on a 30m stretch; 20 second sprint, 10 second rest - for 2 minutes)
90 second rest
Repeat
90 second rest
Repeat
4 minute rest
3-man marking drill for 90 seconds
60 seconds rest
Repeat
60 seconds rest
Repeat
2 minutes rest
3 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) - 5 push-ups, 15 air squats, 20 mountain climbers
2 minute rest
3-man huck/dump drill (see last week's WOW); when players have made each throw twice, that's one rep. 6 reps with 60 seconds rest between.
Cones at 7, 15, 20 - in ladder format, cut to each cone and turn to receive the disc. Fake. Throw the disc back, run back to the line. One rep is climbing up the ladder twice. 2 reps, with 90 seconds between.
100 throws