Monday, May 24, 2010

Track Workout for the Week of May 24

Jog, active warm-up, stretch
1x200, rest 45 sec
5x100, rest 30 sec between 100s
8x50, rest 15 sec between 50s
Rest as needed so you can really PUSH during this last sequence. It's only productive if you're PUSHING it.
1x20 rest 10 sec
1x30 rest 20 sec
1x40 rest 30 sec
1x40 rest 30 sec
1x30 rest 20 sec
1x20 rest 10 sec
Cool down, stretch

6 comments:

  1. Took off most of last week.

    Saturday: round robin, 3 games

    Sunday: 3hrs practice, lots of hucking work

    Monday: foam roll, quad rehab, core (planks, leg lifts, medicine ball twists), arms (2x6 chin-ups and dips w/25lb assistance), quads (2x20 squats with the bar), 16min easy biking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. How many times per week are we doing this? I'm doing a Plyo regiment 3 time per week as well.

    2. It seemed kind of easy, but I probably rested for too long after doing the 50's so I did three sets of my legendary pivot drill after. I forgot how friggen tiring that shit is.

    29 for the 200, the first 100s were around 13 each, but didn't think to actively time each one, just let the clock keep rolling on.

    Edit:
    3. That beer tastes so much better after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20min, as many rounds as possible

    5 Chin-Ups
    10 Tricep Extension
    15 V-Ups
    20 Lateral Squats w/ Med Ball

    I got 14 rounds in.

    Core 100 (10 exercises, 10 reps)
    Planks

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJX, you're not going to share your pivot drill with the rest of us??

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so awesome it requires a live viewing at the next practice.

    ReplyDelete