I'm planning on doing this entire workout in cleats on grass.
4x100 as follows: 20 jog, 20 stride, 40 sprint, 20 jog; rest 45 sec between 100s
2 sets of 30 yard/4 rep suicide(0-30-0-30-0-30-0-30-0), rest 2 minutes between sets
6x15, rest 15 sec between 15s
6-cone drill: Set up 6 cones in a straight line, ~2 ft apart. Follow
the progression outlined in the attachment, straight through without
rest. Your shoulders should be square the entire time, facing
perpendicular to the line of the cones. It is a progression of
carioca/quick feet/side shuffling. Every turn should be a hard cut;
don't round anything. Do 3 times in each direction.

Tennis ball drill: Set up cones in the pattern described in the email,
~10 ft between each cone. If you have tennis balls, place one on top
of each cone except for the start cone. As you run to each cone, you
pick up the tennis ball and transfer it back to the empty cone. If you
don't have tennis balls, just follow the pattern (which is also
effective but having to control your body enough to place the tennis
ball adds an incredible amount of work). Again, keep your shoulders
facing forward the entire time. Side shuffle across, and backpedal to
move backwards. Do 3 times in each direction.

4x100 as follows: 20 jog, 20 stride, 40 sprint, 20 jog; rest 45 sec between 100s
2 sets of 30 yard/4 rep suicide(0-30-0-30-0-30-0-30-0), rest 2 minutes between sets
6x15, rest 15 sec between 15s
6-cone drill: Set up 6 cones in a straight line, ~2 ft apart. Follow
the progression outlined in the attachment, straight through without
rest. Your shoulders should be square the entire time, facing
perpendicular to the line of the cones. It is a progression of
carioca/quick feet/side shuffling. Every turn should be a hard cut;
don't round anything. Do 3 times in each direction.
Tennis ball drill: Set up cones in the pattern described in the email,
~10 ft between each cone. If you have tennis balls, place one on top
of each cone except for the start cone. As you run to each cone, you
pick up the tennis ball and transfer it back to the empty cone. If you
don't have tennis balls, just follow the pattern (which is also
effective but having to control your body enough to place the tennis
ball adds an incredible amount of work). Again, keep your shoulders
facing forward the entire time. Side shuffle across, and backpedal to
move backwards. Do 3 times in each direction.
Cool down, stretch
Monday: Stretching, foam rolling, light band work and light lifting.
ReplyDeleteJust did the track workout. Only things I was able to accurately time were the 30 suicides. 52 and 51. Feet kept getting confused during the 6 cone drill. Tennis ball drill was awesome. I used baseballs because that was what I could find. You really had to concentrate on getting down and picking up that ball in order to not have to go back for it.
ReplyDeleteWere you really bored at work when you drew out all those drills?
ReplyDeleteKorber, this workout looks awesome!! Sadly, I didn't check before I ran to the track in the pouring rain last night. Had steam to blow off... so I was feeling masochistic for just over 2 hours...
ReplyDelete-1 mile warm up run
- Active warm up routine (high knees, skips, shuffles, etc)
- 2.5 mile Farklek (I built up to top speed by the 5th 100, and cooled them down from 16th-20th 100)
- 40 x 40 (Ran consecutive 40s until I puked... interesting to find out my personal threshold: 37... I was 3 away from sprinting a mile, so I just did the extra 3 after some water.)
- 5x10x15x20 suides (5 sets focused on foot speed around turns)
- 10 k warm down run (at a pathetic 7:53 mile pace)
If you think you'll out work me this summer, I welcome the challenge... just don't injure yourself trying to keep up....
much love from a ginger that finally burned off all that bad energy,
Mazur