Monday, April 5, 2010

Track workout for the week of April 5

Jog, active warmup, stretch
Mile run, for time. Doesn't have to be PR...but push yourself.
5 minute rest.
2 sets of 2x400, rest 1:30 within sets and 4 minutes between.
Cool down, stretch.

Sounds easy enough...I'll be doing it at the Rocky Hill track on Wednesday at 5:30 pm. Maybe some mini afterwards?

4 comments:

  1. Done. 6:31 mile
    88/88/85/85

    Maybe next week I'll have a better schedule so I don't have to do this by myself. And, better results with someone pushing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:14 mile. Still slow, but better than last week. No track (mile on hills/streets) so followed it up with PT/general strengthening:

    3 sets:
    10x pushups
    25x situps
    15x calf raises (l)
    15x calf raises (r)
    10x squats

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 mile warmup
    plyos

    6:15 mile
    76/78/72/76

    1 mile cooldown
    stretching

    Ran by myself at Manchester High. If other northernerns want to join next week, let me know.

    Big Sur Marathon in less than 3 weeks.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recovery after Fools:
    Easy 20-min jog
    looooots of stretching

    ReplyDelete