Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14

I hate doing track workouts.
I hate doing track workouts alone.
I hate doing track workouts alone in the cold.

This morning I did most of the track workout for this week at RHAM by myself. I shut it down early after a mild strain in my groin. No big deal, but didn't want to push it. It was miserable, but I was glad I got out there and accomplished something. And, my 400s were actually more consistent...which was a goal going in.

79,75,70 / 76, 78, 76 / 53, 54 / 55, 53 ....

8 comments:

  1. CP core, medicine ball, running form and acceleration.
    Lifting: Front squat 2x6 @100lb, pull-up neutral grip 2x3, crunch reverse physioball 2x8, db RDL 2 arm 1 leg 2x6 @22.5lb, bench press incline db 2x6 @27.5lb, off bench lateral flexion 2x8 @25lb, rotational row 1 arm cable standing 2x6 @40lb.
    Intervals: 2min warmup/cooldown. 4x(30s medium, 30s fast, 30s medium, 30s fast, 60s slow). Slow=10min/mile, medium=8:34/mile, fast=6:40/mile.

    Looking forward to my day (mostly) off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd-squared attempted until half of us got hurt and the other half was dizzy. One timer -- looked something like this.

    69 71 76 / 72 77 74 / 52 53 / 56 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2.5 hour practice
    drills, throwing, sprints, scrimmaging etc.

    Gearing up for sectionals! Have fun at Henlopen everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ran with Jake at Rocky Hill HS. However, neither of us could remember the workout upon arriving at the track; looks like we forgot to do a second set of 300s....whoops.

    74,77,74 / 73,78,75 / 51,59 / 76,79

    I have tip my hat to Jake for doing some ridiculous leg lifting workout prior to the workout...I'm sure he will post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. went out with KG and Match and avoided children, though less so than last week.

    78,77,75 / 72,75,75 / 53,53 / 53,52 / 76,74

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first 6 400 times were similar to Andy. 300s in 56-58 range, last 2 400s 84, 82. Tough workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 81 84 85/86 90 92

    64 64/64 62

    84 86

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4pm: 5 minute bike warm up
    1x (15 PVC OHS, 10 K2E, 15 back ext, 15 dips, 10 pullups)

    Crossfit Filthy Fifty
    For time:
    50 Box jump, 21 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood (35lb db)
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows (25 K2E, 25 Captains chair)
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball (12 lb)
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders
    Total: 38:48

    Subbed a few things for ease of workout. Captains chairs because I didn't want to fight with the guy doing the cable bicep curls (SERIOUSLY WTF!?!) Our gym only has 12lb med ball, and my plyobox is only 21" tall.

    I freaking hit a wall at burpees. Burpees and Double Unders took me 18 minutes. Most double unders were done one at a time because I don't have the timing/coordination down yet. Finished at 5pm and went to Rocky Hill HS to meet Rich for 6. Hung out in my car, had a snack, some water.

    6pm: 1 mile warm up
    Active plyos
    Workout:
    My times for this were:
    80, 80, 80/ 80, 80, 79/ 58, 58/ 76, 77.

    1 mile reverse direction cool down.

    Like Rich said, we didn't know how to read, so we missed a set of 300s. I think I could have been 76/77 the whole time, but after the workout I'd just done and the two workouts I did yesterday, I was afraid to put the hammer down off the bat for fear of injury.

    ReplyDelete