Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21

Track workout tonight if I finish my paper. Boo.

9 comments:

  1. Slacker.

    71-54-34-16
    71-55-35-15
    70-55-34-15

    Didn't time the Accelerators. Fought with the Cromwell HS and Cromwell MS track team for lanes, often changing randomly to avoid collisions. Right calf still tight from last weeks poundings, but I was happy with my times and my consistency. After the first 400 I looked at my watch and though I read it wrong. It didn't feel like a 71, it felt like a 77 or a 78, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran an improvised track workout on a football field with Kendra and Zuba after getting kicked off the track. 400: 1 lap plus short side, 300: long, short, long, 200: short, long, short, 100: just measured that one. We didn't record times since the distances weren't quite right and we were wearing sneakers on grass. I stopped after the last 400 because of my quads, Zuba and Kendra stuck it out through the three sets (no accelerators). Kevin decided he was too cool to run on grass with girls and went to Wilbur Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized its been a while since I posted workouts, so I thought I'd check back in. We're less than 2 weeks out from college regionals and our workouts reflect this. I'll post our two track/running workouts for the week right now (first one done yesterday and second one will be done tomorrow). We have 6 hours of field practices this week as well.

    Tuesday's Workout
    -Warm Up
    -Stretch
    -Sprints (rest=only a medium-paced jog back to the starting point. take water only during the transition between distances when breaks=2 minutes):
    -4x100m
    -6x80m
    -8x60m
    -50 push ups and 150 crunches


    Thursday's Workout
    -Warm Up
    -Stretch
    -30 push ups and 75 crunches
    -5x 15 jump squats followed by 40 yard sprint
    -4x 15 jump tucks followed by 40 yard sprint. Jump tucks= jumping and pulling your knees up to your nips as quickly as possible, trying to minimize the time your feet spend on the ground
    -Short breather and water
    -30 push ups and 75 crunches
    -4x 10 side to side cone jumps (1 rep=over and back)
    -1 minute happy feet
    -Short breather and water
    -30 push ups and 75 crunches
    -15x 5-10-5 suicides
    -15x 40 yard sprints, divided up in to different numbers of sprints done back to back so cutting is simulated

    ReplyDelete
  4. 82 58 32 14

    80 58 34 15

    82 59 36 13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Said hi to girls, then ran with Andy and Todd. My times were all over the place, and I didn't do the first 400 until the end cause I got there late. Something like
    , 51, 31, 14
    72, 54, 34, 15
    78, 55, 36, 15
    76

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change of plans forced a move to wilbur cross to do battle with the bikes, scooters, and walking old ladies.

    Also did not time accelerators. This workout felt harder than the previous one.

    77, 49, 29, 13.5
    74, 53, 33, 14.3
    75, 53, 34, 13.8

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the record, I got dizzy but finished the workout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andy, @Match - F You guys and your sprint speeds. I could do 400s all day long and be competitive. As soon as the distance shortens, I'm out, though my 100s were all into a pretty good headwind, so maybe I'm a little quicker?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot about CP plyos, agilities, medicine ball, 25min easy biking in the morning

    ReplyDelete