Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7

Track workout tonight at Rocky Hill High school with some people.

5:39
76, 79, 81, 74

Bookends felt good...but were slower than I thought they were going to end up. The middle was miserable. I hate track workouts.

10 comments:

  1. Continued my getting up at 5am thing. Was feeling kind of beat up this morning, so didn't head down to hit the bike, but instead did some stretching and foam rolling for about 30 minutes, so that made me feel pretty good. Breakfast of eggs and sriracha topped off the morning. (mmmm, cock sauce)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CP plyos, running form, acceleration. Running: 5min @ 8:49min/mi, 20min @ 8min/mi, 5min @ 8:49min/mi, 2min cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1x400
    2x200
    3x100
    4x50

    practice 1.5 hours:

    throwing, hot/box

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the mile in 5:50
    400 times: 75 75 74 78.

    While running, I also dodged:
    3 x tricycle
    3 x soccer ball

    super-setted with
    6 x old lady jogging in full length dress

    KG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pete and I did this at BAD:

    Complex Leg Training:
    4x5 Deadlift Explosive Drops (First set at 60% 1RM, rest super heavy)
    4x5 (each leg) Single Leg Box Jumps (Jump w/ Both Feet, One Leg lands on the box, fast so it's a plyo)

    Lactic Acid Threshold Training:
    10 Mtn. Climbers
    40 yd Sprint
    10 Mtn. Climbers
    40 yd Sprint
    15 Weighted Squat Jumps (25-30 lbs)
    20 Tuck Jumps
    80 yd Sprint pulling chains (about 45 lbs)
    x 2 sets

    Core:
    Bird/Dogs 1 min hold same side, 20 reps Opposite sides
    6'' Straight Leg Holds 1 min
    Slide Board Planks Alternating Hand Pushes 1 Min
    20 Windshield Wipers w/ SB in Feet
    20/20/20 V-Sit Med Ball Throws (Reg, Side, Reach)
    50 Body Bar Twists
    15 each side Obliques Sit-Ups


    If anyone is interested in training with us at BAD in Shelton, CT on Wednesday nights, send me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Track workout with Jordan and Korber. Was hoping that Korber would push me harder, but he died after the mile until the very last 400.

    5:42 mile, felt like I was dragging ass, but fastest mile this season and 3rd fastest ever (5:24, 5:27)

    76, 78, 81, 75

    Then Crossfit with Jordan and Dave:

    For time:
    Row 500 meters (SUB 100 SDHP 26lbs)
    150 Double-unders (Sub 150 single unders, 150 tuck jumps)
    50 Burpees

    Total: 16:05

    Felt like I could have gone a bit harder during the track workout, but it was tough to gauge, especially since this is my third track workout in as many days. Won't be doing that again, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ran by myself at Manchester High.

    2 mile warmup @ 8min pace
    plyos
    6:15 mile
    76/78/72/76
    1 mile cooldown
    stretching
    core

    Felt good after end of mile, could have been faster with someone to push me. Overall, satisfied given the mileage I've been putting in lately (Big Sur Marathon in less than 3 weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Track with Andy:

    Mile in 6:12 (splits 92, 94, 94 91)
    400's: 83, 84 / 81, 80*
    Throwing

    Pushed through the hurt half-way in the 3rd & 4th 400's & felt good.

    *I got some redemption for KG & kicked that kid's tricyle during this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Track!

    Mile in 6:09
    400 78, 80, 76, 76

    Throwing also.

    I was tempted to tackle 5 children but resisted due to desire not to be arrested. i really enjoyed guessing which way children were going to run in front of me and void them.

    ReplyDelete